Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use for The Misunderstood Mammal
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these
web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws, and regulations,
and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local
laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from
using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are
protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on MisunderstoodMammal.com’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license, you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on MisunderstoodMammal.com’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by MisunderstoodMammal.com at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on MisunderstoodMammal.com’s web site are provided “as is”. MisunderstoodMammal.com makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, MisunderstoodMammal.com does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site. The views expressed on The Misunderstood Mammal are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of The Misunderstood Mammal.
In no event shall MisunderstoodMammal.com or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on MisunderstoodMammal.com’s Internet site, even if MisunderstoodMammal.com or a MisunderstoodMammal.com authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on MisunderstoodMammal.com’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. MisunderstoodMammal.com does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. MisunderstoodMammal.com may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. MisunderstoodMammal.com does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
MisunderstoodMammal.com includes external links to other websites and we have not reviewed all of the sites linked or the content. The Misunderstood Mammal is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by MisunderstoodMammal.com of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to MisunderstoodMammal.com’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Kentucky without regard to its conflict of law provisions. General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
Your privacy is very important to The Misunderstood Mammal. Accordingly, We take a proactive approach to user privacy to ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all US & UK national laws and requirements for user privacy. We have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate, disclose and make use of personal information.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s storage device that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Cookies of embedded services: to improve your experience we embed Twitter tweets, YouTube videos and SoundCloud music on some of our pages. Below is a description of the cookies these services set when they are embedded on pages on tribeofnoise.com.
- Twitter sets the following cookies: _utma, _utmz, _ga, _gid, ct0, eu_cn, external_referer, gt, guest_id, personalization_id, syndication_guest_id and twf_exp. They have an expiry date of up to 2 years and we do not have control over these cookies. Twitter may use these cookies to optimise your browsing experience. E.g. by showing you personalized advertisements that are selected by tracking the websites with Twitter embeds you visit. Tracking and personalized ads can be turned off on Twitter via https://twitter.com/personalization.
Most browsers give you the ability to manage (i.e. refuse, accept or delete) cookies. This works differently in each browser, so please use the links below for up-to-date information about managing cookies in the most commonly used browsers:
- Google Chrome:
- Mozilla Firefox:
- Internet Explorer:
- Microsoft Edge:
This website uses tracking software to monitor its visitors to better understand how they use it. This software is provided by Google Analytics which uses Google advertising cookies and identifiers to track visitor usage, in addition to data collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation for the purposes of advertising and user demographic research.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external third-party vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or advertisements. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 90 days.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting The Misunderstood Mammal or affiliates do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email-submission process and ensure user personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998.
This website and its affiliates use any information submitted by users to provide further information about the products/services offered or to assist in answering any questions or queries submitted, including enrolling users into an email newsletter program the website operates, if requested by the user. Or where necessary for purchase inquiry or completion.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about news, updates, products, and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish, but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies/people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please submit a request via the Contact Us form.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email to help improve the efficacy of future campaigns. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates, and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].
In compliance with Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign.
Advertisements and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and advertisements. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, which may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the advertisements they serve.
Social Media Communications
Communication, engagement, and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons that help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default, some social media platforms shorten lengthy URLs [web addresses] Users are advised to take caution and good judgment before clicking any shortened URLs published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Social media platforms can be susceptible to spam and hacking, therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Furthermore, we will protect the user’s personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Last Revision: 12/2/19