This pineapple Fried Rice dish was prepared by Compassionatelivinglady, an ethical vegan and contributor to The Misunderstood Mammal. Check out her Instagram for more amazing meals you can make at home too!
Pineapple Fried Rice, the ingredients:
- 2 cups brown rice (Alternative: You can use Quinoa or cauliflower in place of rice!)
- 4 cups water
- 1 block of extra firm organic tofu
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 onion
- 1 cup sweet peas
- 1 red bell pepper
- Handful of mushrooms
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 can chopped pineapple
- Handful of chopped cilantro
- Handful of cashews
Seasoning to taste:
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Liquid aminos
- Nutritional yeast
- Crushed red pepper
- Garlic powder
- 4 tsp avocado oil
Now here’s the magic:
- Bring water, splash of avocado oil, a little garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper to boil. Add brown rice. Cover and simmer on medium/low for one hour.
- Heat two tsp of oil in pan. Open, drain and press your tofu in between paper towel. Add to pan. Break apart with wooden spoon.
- Season the tofu with garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, nutritional yeast, ginger and sea salt. Brown for ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, Chop onion, bell, carrots, mushroom and garlic and add to your pan with your sweet peas. Add liquid aminos. Fry on medium/high for ten minutes.
- Add your cashews and brown for another 5 minutes.
- Put veggies into large bowl.
- Drain juice from pineapple can and sauté in pan for 5 minutes with a little liquid aminos and crushed red peppers.
- Put in bowl along with cilantro and brown rice. Stir well. Add liquid aminos if needed. Enjoy!
Be sure to follow Compassionatelivinglady on Instagram for more great recipes!